Head of Marketing
The Head of Marketing oversees an organisation’s marketing activities, working alongside the Marketing Director to meet the marketing strategy’s objectives and manage the Marketing Team.
Typical responsibilities of the Head of Marketing:
- Works closely with the Marketing Director to develop the marketing strategy.
- Carries out competitor analyses to ensure the marketing strategy is effective.
- Manages the daily activities of the Marketing Department.
- Ensures optimal staffing levels within the Marketing Team so as to meet the marketing objectives.
- Manages the recruitment and selection of new members of the Marketing Team.
- Manages the performance of members of the Marketing Team.
- Ensures the brand guidelines are adhered to across all the company’s marketing materials and brand assets.
- Reports into the Marketing Director on all activities relating to the Marketing Team.
What expertise is required?
A Head of Marketing often has experience of being in a senior marketing position at a competitor company or in a similar market. They must have a proven track record of delivering successful marketing campaigns, as well as line management and leadership experience. They often have Chartered Institute of Marketing (CIM) qualifications.