over 1 year ago
Carter Murray are proud to exclusively partner with Merlin Entertainment, as part of their digital transformation.
As such, I can present an opportunity to work within this FTSE 250 company and global leader in location based, family entertainment.
Merlin Entertainment are looking for an Web Analyst to join their new team in London.
You will work with Head of Analytics to analyse the online data and provide insight to allow informed decision making for Merlin across their global estate.
Merlin Entertainments operate 127 attractions, hotels and holiday villages in 27 countries including Legoland, Alton Towers, Sea Life and the World's first Beluga Whale Sanctuary in Iceland.
- Manage and maintain integrity of e-commerce data within the business.
- Work with your colleagues to educate and allow all relevant stakeholders to navigate the reports / data and help them to be able to understand the significance and use of the data to support their business.
- On occasion, conduct in-depth research studies around the key online metrics and their practical use in the business such as conversion rate, channel mix, basket value, traffic, lead booking time etc.
- Drive growth in online performance through production of online insight that can be used to improve conversion rate and optimisation strategies.
- Work with colleagues in Web Analytics team to develop and deliver the e-commerce scorecard reporting for the entire group.
- Report on online performance in a timely and accurate manner with the tools available
- Define and merge separate datasets to create insight e.g. weather patterns and attendance
- Train users of our online reporting tools (Google Analytics etc.) where necessary.
- Analyse traffic sources; customer behaviour; competitor sites; customer journey; bounce rates etc. to determine any trends or patterns and share with Head of Digital Marketing and rest of organisation, as required.
- Be responsible for web analytics tracking on the website.
- Working with our partner agency liaise with the attraction, ecommerce teams to ensure tracking code implementation processes are adhered to and are according to best practice.
- Monitor web analytics tools to ensure tracking is working correctly and report data is valid.
- Support the set up A/B and MVT tests and generate recommendation reports based on the results.
- Working relationships:
- They will work closely with the Regional Heads of eCommerce to ensure that all relevant reports are delivered on time and address the various business needs.
- They will be responsible for generating weekly reports and additional reports, as required.
- They will report to the Web Analytics Manager.
Skills, Experience & Qualifications:
- Passionate about and have solid experience in web analytics within online retail or other relevant industry.
- Advanced working knowledge of analytics tools such as Google Analytics 360, Coremetrics, Webtrends, Omniture, Hitwise etc.
- Technical working experience of analytical tracking, website tagging and creating sales funnels.
- Commercially minded and experienced in interpreting data into meaningful information and actions.
- An enthusiastic & flexible working attitude with a passion for metrics and quantitative analysis and a willingness to support others and cover areas outside your role remit or natural comfort zone.
- Highly numerate with strong commercial acumen and advanced Excel skills.
- Experience with the Accesso platform.
- Leisure / entertainment experience.
- Sound knowledge of SQL databases is an advantage.
- Working knowledge of sales and margin reporting process and data management tools.
- Comfortable with presenting to wider team / key stakeholders.
The SR Group (UK) Limited is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.