VP of Business Development
VP of Business Development
Logistics & Supply Chain
London – Hybrid/remote
£170,000 – £190,000
Carter Murray are pleased to be exclusively partnering with an industry leading & global Logistics & Supply chain brand who are looking to an experienced VP of Business Development to their London HQ.
The purpose of this role is to drive the European Business Development function with a focus on new business.
- Lead business development projects across Europe in terms of supporting M&A transactions and supporting on internal investment decisions.
- Ensure projects are in line with the direction from head office and there is close coordination and execution.
- Oversee the cost-effective procurement and appointment of third-party contractor and sub-contractor for major projects.
- Produce financial and strategic analysis and recommendations for Senior Management Team regarding investments and strategic decisions.
- Be the lead on internal and external resources in identifying, developing and executing new and existing investment projects in Europe, ranging from small to large scale transactions exceeding £1bn.
- Project leadership & accountability for analysis and realisation.
- Challenge assumptions and status quo, analyse information and ensure key drivers are assessed, their impacts clearly understood and recommending an investment plan.
- Responsible for maintaining project pipelines which includes maintaining key relationships with target authorities and companies, project screening and filtering.
- Build and maintain high quality community and industry relations.
- Management of contractual relations with service providers and customers to guarantee cost effectiveness for all parties.
- Strong understanding of volume trends and up to date market intelligence sources with a view to leveraging opportunities and competitive advantage.
- Contribute to continuous business improvement process.
- Proactively develop strategic partnering arrangements with potential customers in line with the regional policy.
- Demonstratable experience of full project management lifecycle.
- Leadership experience with a track record of successfully managing large infrastructure project management.
- Clear experience of delivering high quality results.
- Significant experience in the container terminal and or logistics/shipping industries is essential.
- Evidence of leading and driving innovation and enterprise with project management experience.
- Strong and comprehensive skills in obtaining buy-in and leading key stakeholders.
- Good business acumen with a true understanding of economics.
- Self-evident problem-solving skills.
If you feel this role is for you then please apply today as applications are being accepted immediately! For more information, please reach out on the following:
- 020 7415 2804
- 07856 796762
The SR Group (UK) Limited is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.