Vice President, Economics
Carter Murray Dubai has an opportunity for a Vice President, Economics based in Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates.
This role will lead and manage the economics function. This involves creating and delivering an agreed vision for Economics, ensuring it contributes to the client’s broader transformation and strategy. They will provide all macroeconomic and macro energy analysis – both short- and long-term to the senior leadership team.
- Form a long-term market perspective, assess the effectiveness of the client’s current business strategy and policies and recommend action measures to optimize them.
- Contribute to the overall process of corporate governance, management and corporate decision making to ensure the organization maximizes returns to its shareholders
- Lead the development of analytical platforms to collect, collate and monitor key economic and macro-energy data to inform and guide the client’s policies and operations.
- Guide and ensure the development and implementation of appropriate Functional policies, processes, systems, standards, procedures, and internal controls to support the execution of the Company’s work programmes, in line with the client’s corporate laws, UAE Local & Federal laws and international standards.
- Ensure that all Functional progress reports are prepared to provide accurate and timely corporate reports and necessary information to Company Management, Board of Directors, Board Advisory Committee, and other shareholder representatives to effectively manage the business.
Key Requirements of the Research Director are:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Economics or equivalent. Master’s degree is preferred.
- 18 years’ experience in Economics, Market Research & Analysis and Corporate Strategies, including, at least 10 years in a progressive managerial experience.
- Experience in the Oil and Gas industry is preferred.
- Demonstrate knowledge and experience of strategy and performance management.
- Professional certification in Strategic Management is preferred.
** Due to the high volume of responses, we are unable to provide feedback to all applicants. If you have not been contacted within two weeks, please assume that at this stage your application has been unsuccessful. **
The SR Group (Dubai) Limited is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.