5 months ago
Carter Murray is looking for a Tourism Standards and Licensing Manager for a giga-project in the tourism and real estate industry.
Reporting to the Chief Destination Officer, this role is based in Riyadh.
- Develop and implement tourism service standards framework, policies, processes and systems applicable for establishing a thriving and sustainable tourism operator ecosystem in the region.
- Ensure compliance to the standards set for all tourism operators in the region and continuously review the standards set aimed at ensuring high quality services provision by tourism operators.
- Monitor the market to identify the latest trends and norms in the field of tourism standards setting for potential adoption.
- Develop tourism-related regulations (e.g. tourism tax introduction) in line with the strategic priorities and objectives.
- Develop and implement the tourism licensing framework (liaising with relevant subject-matter experts and Legal) for the core tourism businesses in ensuring the interests of the region are protected at all times.
- Provide end to end support on the issuance of tourism licenses and permits to tourism businesses in a smooth and efficient manner and ensure compliance of tourism-related businesses with awarded licenses & permits.
- Inspect, investigate, and report tourism violations and impose fines, or revoke permits, in line with the issued laws and regulations and coordinate with other law enforcement agencies to address violators.
- Collect data and statistics on tourism elements (i.e. occupancy rates) to gauge customer attraction and retention rates.
- Conduct analyses on data collected regarding visitor satisfaction to extract and identify areas for improvement.
- Liaise with internal and external stakeholders and share the findings of performance analyses in order to ensure that the future state of destinations are improved and that any dissatisfaction is addressed by the relevant departments.
- In conjunction with responsible functional areas develop and implement improvement plans to address systemic issues/complaints
The successful candidate will possess the following qualities;
- Degree or equivalent;
- Track record of working across multiple geographies, or other international experience;
- Proven and demonstrable expertise in tourism standards and licensing
- Proven ability to work well under pressure;
- Excellent managerial skills
What's on Offer
There is a highly competitive package on offer including benefits.
The SR Group (Dubai) Limited is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.