Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
about 2 years ago
The Tourism and Destination Strategy director formulates and ensures implementation of the tourism and destination strategy for the region by balancing the corporate mission, market opportunities and business outlook with the aim of realizing the goal of being a global tourism destination. Reporting to the Chief Destination Officer, this role is based in Riyadh.
The key responsibilities of this role will be to:
- Develop the long-term tourism and destination strategy, policies and procedures for the development of the region as a global tourism destination.
- Develop strategies and plans for the attraction of visitors from identified key markets.
- Monitor the implementation of the Tourism strategy and plans and oversee periodic review and amendments on the strategy and plans to ensure deviations are reported and managed in a timely manner.
- Liaise with and work closely with relevant departments for the implementation of designed strategies and for the development of research and statistics for monitoring the performance and identify ways to improve the productivity.
- Gauge the level of interest on tourism products and services via surveys and studies.
- Analyse tourist/customer preferred destinations and spending patterns to develop experiences and packages suitable to their needs.
- Conduct tourism feasibility studies on various strategic options in order to ensure the relevance of the established strategic plans.
The successful candidate will possess the following qualities;
- Degree or equivalent;
- Track record of working across multiple geographies, or other international experience;
- Proven and demonstrable experience of defining and implementing destination marketing strategies;
- Proven ability to work well under pressure;
- Excellent managerial skills
What's on Offer
There is a highly competitive package on offer including benefits.
The SR Group (Dubai) Limited is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.