£55000 - £650000 per annum + bonus,bens
over 1 year ago
PR MANAGER - FINANCIAL SERVICES-PRIVATE EQUITY BUSINESS
BASED CENTRAL LONDON
Our client a highly reputable private equity firm is looking for an experienced PR / Media Relations professional to manage the press office and lead the media relations for the firm.
You'll need strong media relations experience, ideally with experience of working in the Financial Services (especially in Private Equity, Business Banking, Investments space) or the financial services practice of a professional services firm. Previous experience of working in a PR agency is a plus. You will need strong experience of working with the business sections of the National press eg.The Times, The Telegraph etc and have an excellent ability and track record of building strong relationships with journalists be it the nationals, trade press or broadcast media.
Reporting into the Head of Marketing & Communications, you will take ownership of the press office function to increase awareness among UK & Irish entrepreneurs, while managing a diverse and busy news flow. The role will not have any direct reports, but you will be responsible for both developing the media relations strategy as well as its implementation. You will be responsible for leading national and regional press activity, developing and delivering an effective media relations strategy that will position the firm as a leading voice in the industry.
A critical part of the role will be to build strong and active relationships with national and broadcast journalists.
- Work closely with C-Suite stakeholders to share your strategic analysis of the news agenda and media trends and develop engaging and insightful responses.
- Work closely with the regional teams to increase visibility in local business communities across industry sectors
- Build the journalist network - across mainstream national business press, investment media and related trade press
- Manage external PR agencies nationally and regionally.
- Generate ideas and deliver campaigns for news, insights and stories
- Work closely with the marketing team, ensure news is promoted, repurposed and shared with key audiences as well as in planning and producing content (interviews, blogs, articles, videos, etc.)
- Solid current/recent experience of working in a media relations role role-and of particular importance is a strong track record of building solid relationships with journalists rather than relying on agency use
- -Experience of working in a PR agency experience or alternatively if in-house (pref) working in a media relations role in a company with multiple businesses/subsidiaries
- Experience in the financial services sector is preferred (especially in private equity, business banking or investments) or the financial practice of a professional services firm (management consultancy, accountancy practice)
- An established and active journalist network is key-with experience of working with the business sections of the National press eg.the times, telegraph etc.
- Strong ability to build relationships with journalists in the relevant trade press
- Ability to develop media relations strategies as well as taking a hands on approach to building relationships with press contacts
Please send your cv to Emma Jerome in the first instance via the link provided
The SR Group (UK) Limited is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.