City of London, London
£65000 - £85000 per annum + Bonus, Benefits
9 months ago
SENIOR MEDIA RELATIONS MANAGER - BANKING
BASED CITY, LONDON
Our client a highly successful and growing banking business is looking for an senior level media relations professional to join the media relations team. You will need solid recent media relations experience ideally from a banking background (B2B or B2C). You'll be able to operate at a strategic level within media relations, with a proactive approach to building strong relationships with key financial journalists in the UK national press.
- Develop and deliver reactive and proactive media relations including leading PR campaigns, preparing communications materials, writing press releases, managing media issues and working collaboratively with PR agencies
- Advise senior stakeholders on media relations issues
- Help the business to maintain share of coverage
- Advising on business decisions when there is potential reputational impact.
- Supporting the development of a media relations strategy to deliver key long term strategic messages externally.
- Act as a senior spokesperson
- Build and maintain strong relationships with a range of journalists
- Senior level experience in handling Corporate Media relations activities at a Group level within a large financial services or banking environment
- Experience developing media relations plans and strategies
- Experience in financial calendar reporting
- Strong relationships with UK based financial journalists in the national newspapers
- Proactive approach to building strong relationships with the press/journalists
- Strong stakeholder management skills-with the ability to build strong relationships with C-suite executives
- Experience in sensitive issues management
- Strong leadership and people management skills-experience managing teams
- Experience in senior executive media and stakeholder engagement programmes
- Strong written skills
Please send your cv to Emma Jerome via the link provided
The SR Group (UK) Limited is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.