Carter Murray have partnered with one of the leading, global Ratings agencies based in fantastic offices in Canary Wharf who are seeking to appoint a Senior Market Research Associate to their growing team.
Working in partnership with senior team members to research and identify transaction opportunities.
Develop and execute on marketing plans to pursue opportunities of generating new rating mandates.
Prepare pitch books, case studies, and tombstones. Develop new persuasive business development materials to support marketing efforts.
Attend external meetings with senior team members and assist proactively in following up on action points. Over time, to take an active role in participating in meetings and interacting with external clients, building relationships.
Represent the business at internal and external industry events/conferences, with some organisational responsibilities. Network with market participants - Bankers, Debt Advisors - gather market intelligence and promote the proposition.
Attend internal meetings, draft minutes, and prepare reports on a weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual basis for both internal and external distribution. Utilise Salesforce to record marketing activity, manage targeted mailing, and measure performance.
Utilise data relating to the Debt Capital Markets (provided by Bloomberg, Reuters, Dealogic, etc) to monitor market activity. Manage and update databases, identify trends relevant to business development efforts, and develop tools to support the wider marketing aims. Assist with competitor intelligence and analysis.
The ideal candidate will have;
- Financial industry experience, ideally gained through exposure to debt capital markets, banking, corporate finance, or credit analysis
- Degree educated (a finance or business related subject would be an advantage)
- Strong knowledge of preparing marketing/business development materials using Microsoft Word and PowerPoint showing excellent attention to detail
- Demonstrable knowledge of research, analysis and interpretation of large data sets. Proficient in Microsoft Excel
- Experience with CRM (Client Relationship Management) systems (ie Salesforce) - and report generation and Excel downloads
- Knowledge of Capital Markets data systems such as Bloomberg, ThomsonReuters, Dealogic
- Some understanding of the Leveraged Finance and Private Equity sectors
- Strong communication and presentation skills, verbal & written
- Ability to work independently within a strategic framework, with supervision and guidance from senior team members, and demonstrating the flexibility to meet tight deadlines
- Team oriented, with the ability to confidently establish relationships internally and externally within an international business environment
- Enthusiastic and willing to learn
The role will be based in fantastic London offices, a brilliant working culture with excellent career opportunities and remuneration packages are on offer.
SR Group is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.