There is an opportunity to join a leading, global corporate and institutional bank in a Senior Manager, Media Relations APAC role. This position will sit in the centralised corporate communications team and have a broad set of responsibilities across media, digital media and communications. The position will work closely with senior business leaders and have a value add approach to media and corporate communications. The successful candidate will be a strong writer and have a passion for developing business driven media strategy.
- Create and execute an integrated media relations strategy across 14 key markets focusing primarily on Hong Kong, China, Japan and Singapore.
- Develop and enhance a network base of key local and international media contacts, and act as main point of contact for all media related enquiries
- Create a proactive media relations strategy to enhance the reputation of the organisation pitching innovative news-worthy information to Journalists
- Deliver superior issues and crisis management communications as and when appropriate
- Write and contribute to a range of communications collateral including social media, thought leadership for content platforms, media releases, key messages, executive speeches, fact-sheets and internal communications.
- Develop communications with broad audiences - beyond media - in mind
- Experience in a Media Relations centric role, ideally within a financial services organisation
- Excellent written English is a must
- Cantonese and/or Mandarin with knowledge of writing across traditional and new media/social media channels is preferred
- Understanding of corporate and institutional banking landscape in Asia Pacific is preferred
- Knowledge of the Greater China media landscape, preferably with established media relationships in place
- Experience managing stakeholders across a matrix organisation
- The ability to synthesise information and hone in on the key points
- Ability to perform under pressure
If you feel that your experience is a match to the job criteria please apply below;
SR Group is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.