almost 2 years ago
A Media & Entertainment start-up based in Singapore is hiring their Senior Director of Application Development. This person will be building up the iOS/Android App Development team (be it establishing an in-house team or finding the right outsourcing developer). He or she will be ensuring that the team understands the technology strategy, in order to meet business objectives. This person will define the scope of projects, prioritise maintenance requests, and be responsible for the IT team's successfully delivery.
- Set up the Application Development team - whether it's to hire an in-house team or to look for an outsource team that will stay aligned with company goals and objectives.
- Ensure delivery of high quality products while continually improving on them.
- Take ownership of the application code base, which includes maintaining the code's integrity, understanding and documenting current capabilities, and performing and participating in code reviews.
- Collaborate with business users to define scope for projects and for maintenance requests.
- Manage multiple teams and projects, while maintaining rapport with vendors.
- Create project goals and success markers for each app developer to measure success.
- Solve complex technical problems and communicate solutions to non-technical management teams.
- Present progress reports and anticipate future problems whenever possible.
- Manage any other adhoc projects of the business.
At least 10+ years of application development/software engineering, with experience in taking lead in digital/e-commerce projects within Asia markets.8+ years of having led software development activities.Expert knowledge and experience with UI and front-end web technologies (e.g. HTML, Java Script, Ajax).Well-versed in object-oriented approaches and working within an MVC framework, like Zend.Significant hands-on experience in designing, implementing, and developing of public facing digital experiences.Experience with implementing and supporting internet e-commerce systems.Experience with adopting open source solutions and with digital video solutions/players.Passion to learn about the Crypto business.
If you are a passionate app developer that yearns to take ownership of an up-and-coming project, do send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org!
Due to the overwhelming volume of responses we receive, only shortlisted applicants will be notified.
To comply with local laws, our Singapore office EA Licence No is: 17S8475.