4 months ago
Key responsibilities· Develop, plan and execute communication plans to support the business across the UK, US and APAC regions.
- Contributing to corporate communications strategy for the Group
- Management and execution of dedicated communications projects
- Manage day-to-day requests for comment from
- Respond to media inquiries either directly based on approved statements or by drafting press responses
- Brief spokespeople and arrange press interviews / background talks as appropriate in cooperation with the appointed PR agencies
- Write press releases, reactive statements, Q&As and employee communication with fund managers and key business stakeholders.
- Manage the internal schedule of intranet stories and ensure regular pipeline of stories.
- Proactive identification and management of sensitive / controversial issues with the potential to affect the reputation of the organisation. Prevention and management of crisis situations relating to negative, or potentially negative, press coverage.
- Develop and maintain network across the financial and trade press, while also working with appointed PR agencies.
- Manage PR and media activities around local events, conferences and manager visits. Manage calendar and logistics for broadcast appearances of investment experts in London, New York and Hong Kong.
- Pro-actively identify ideas for topical and news relevant thought leadership content for promotion through 'owned' media (website, social media) and placement in 'earned' media.
- Collaborate with in-house Content team to produce articles and pitch for 'earned' placements with UK publications (in cooperation with appointed PR agencies).
- Experience in a pure media relations role or broader communications roles encompassing media relations and internal communications
- Must have Corporate communications/PR experience from the asset management sector-with good relevant contacts in the trade and national press
- Experience in wholesale/adviser and/or institutional channel
- Experience of managing bothg proactive and reactive media relations activity
- Good stakeholder management skills
- Ideally you will have experience of experience of managing international communications plans-US and/or APAC would be an advantage
- Excellent writing skills
- Ability to operate at both a strategic and operational level
The SR Group (UK) Limited is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.