The specific responsibilities outlined below are key to the role on a day-to-day basis, and targets will be set based on the revenue raised and the ability to secure new business.
This position offers the right candidate the chance to play an important role in developing a wide range of events attended by the most senior figures in the luxury and retail sectors and also the affluent and influential readers. The role is global in remit, although initially the majority of events are likely to take place in London/Europe, New York and Hong Kong.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Deliver sales revenue and seek to exceed the targets set by your manager
- Initiate and maintain contact with full variety of clients and prospects
- Conduct sales presentations both in person and by telephone
- Liaise with the rest of the team as well as with the advertising team and other departments to maximise the opportunities for events sales
- Maintain detailed records of all sales contacts
- Follow the sales process through closing, preparing agreement to working with the rest of the event team on delivering sponsor benefits
- Work across a number of events and projects simultaneously
- Write sponsorship presentations, where required in liaison with Line Manager
- Attend conferences and other events to boost contacts and perform other duties (which will include at least one event at a weekend)
Qualifications / Competencies / Skills / Experience
- Native standard spoken and written English to a high standard, essential
- Other languages, ideally French or Italian, beneficial
- A demonstrable track record of sales success in either events sponsorship or related media sales.
- A university degree
- Experience in event sales (delegate or sponsorship), preferably for a reputable conferences organiser or an institution active in the arrangement of events (1-2 years minimum is desirable) If none or little events experience, media sales background must be from a relevant sector (eg. luxury, retail, consumer)
- Some knowledge and experience of the high-end consumer/luxury sector with contacts in consumer focused brands
- Proactive sales approach combined with a pleasant, team-focused attitude; cool under pressure; conscientious; strong attention to detail; strong with numbers
- Strong negotiating skills
- Strong presentation skills
- Familiarity with Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Salesforce
SR Group is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.