NEW Senior Business Development Executive- IT/Commercial 12 month FTC at global law firm.
The Senior Business Development Executive will provide dedicated support to the IT/Commercial Practice Group with a variety of projects and tasks, focused on practice and industry group activity in line with the IT/Commercial business plan. The role covers the full marketing and business development mix.
This global law firm are looking for someone with BD and/or Marketing experience, who is highly organised, efficient and used to operating independently. Able to manage a varied workload, take the lead on projects, consistently meet deadlines and confidently interact with senior members of the firm. It's a great opportunity to gain valuable BD & Marketing experience in a friendly experienced team who can help fast track your career to the next level.
The role itself is varied but will include:
- Working closely with the Business Development team to support firm-wide, office and practice client targeting initiatives through proactive relationship management, client and industry research and opportunity spotting. The successful candidate will also have direct responsibility for assisting in the effective running of 2-3 key IT/Commercial client accounts and will have direct contact with the client, particularly around feedback.
- Supporting practice campaigns, including developing internal and external messaging, roll-out and evaluation. There will be opportunities to take the lead on mid-sized marketing initiatives as well as gain experience as part of a team launching major thought leadership campaigns.
Support on pitches
- Supporting live pitches, through research and the collation, drafting and formatting of information in response to RFP or ITTs
Take part in rehearsals
- Recording, tracking and analysing pitch activity, as well as undertaking direct feedback with the client
- Supporting the ongoing development of pitch/capability/CV templates through the effective and regular gathering, updating and central storage of standard content
- Working alongside the London events team to deliver a targeted programme of client seminars, roundtables, workshops for the IT/Commercial group
- Supporting the practice group to identify and implement external profile raising opportunities, including the co-ordination of directory submissions (Chambers, Legal 500, ITR), award submissions and client alerts
- Supporting internal profile raising opportunities
- Leading on the deal collection process for league tables
- Maintaining mailing lists for the IT/Commercial practice in InterAction
- Maintenance of the IT/Commercial Business Development intranet page (SharePoint)
Other Business Development activity
- Assisting with the development and preparation of annual business plans and budgets and monitoring progress throughout the year
- Supporting on practice and industry research, including internal fee analysis and external desk research for clients and markets/industries
- Coordinating internal business development meetings with fee earners, including running agendas, recording key actions and ensuring implementation of actions
- Responding to requests from the central London, EMEA and Global business development to assist with central client targeting and other cross-practice business development initiatives
The successful candidate will have previous Business Development and Marketing experience in a professional services environment with strong project coordination and time management skills. You will have the ability to deal with people at all levels, including partners and fee earners.
SR Group is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.