6 months ago
The Events Operations Director is responsible for the operational delivery of all internal and external events with full responsibility for the management of the day to day planning and delivery. The Events Operations Director will deliver events seamlessly and to the highest standards. Reporting into the Executive Director of events, you role is the management of events, ensuring that the highest standards of service are established, maintained and improved.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Pre-events communication and planning with the Events Team and agencies. Planning and communication with delegates and suppliers as necessary. Provide financial information to assist with the annual budget preparation.
-Oversee staff schedules/rotas to ensure all events run smoothly. You have the responsibility to direct and manage the activities of all relevant staff, contractors and suppliers as required to successfully execute all aspects of the events on the day of delivery.
-Deliver events, within budget limitations which meet and exceed expectations. Assist in the managing of team rotas and to take responsibility for calculating the weekly wage cost and ensuring it is within the required budget.
-Duty Management of the different events venues, ensuring compliance with Health and Safety requirements. Accountable for H&S, legal regulations and policies.
-Ensure all resources/consumables are ordered, received, available and assigned, as appropriate for each event in a timely manner and within agreed budgets. Report to Finance as per the specific guidelines. You will need to monitor and ensure costs remain within budget.
-Co-ordinate all designated events on the day and liaise with delegates, suppliers and internal departments e.g. governor representatives, sales, call center, catering, security, audio-visual, etc. to ensure that the requirements are delivered.
-Manage and lead the team during the event, ensuring all staff/agencies are fully aware of the Itinerary and expectations for the function. Trouble-shoot any event or service difficulties prior to the function ensuring everything runs smoothly on the day.
-To be a proactive member of the Operations Team and to provide suggestions for changes in service strategy and product development.
-Conduct post event briefings which involve all stakeholders and ensure post event learning points are incorporated into future plans and events.
- A relevant Degree
- A minimum of 15 years' experience or qualifications in the duty management of large scale events.
- Enthusiasm and skills in the application and ability to work with a variety of stakeholders at all levels.
- A friendly, helpful and tactful approach to service providers.
- The ability to work under pressure, making rapid, on-the-spot decisions.
- Possess proven staff management skills and experience of coordinating teams.
The SR Group (Dubai) Limited is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.