AU$130000 - AU$150000 per annum + + high Super payment
7 months ago
My client is one of the Australia's leading biomedical research organisations are looking to recruit a
Research Grants Manager
They are seeking an experienced Research Grants Manager, who will be responsible for providing a high-quality service for pre- and post-award research grant funding across the organisation. The incumbent will manage an experienced team (the Research Grants Office, RGO) who are responsible for the submission of major national and international grant and fellowship applications and for supporting the effective management of ongoing awards. The RGO manages the submission of approximately 400 grant applications each year and administers a diverse portfolio of ongoing grants worth over $60 million per annum.
The Research Grants Manager will provide leadership in the development of initiatives and processes to facilitate and manage research applications and awards. This includes horizon scanning for research funding trends, advice on targeting applications to opportunities, grant skills development, and guidance regarding research funding bodies and opportunities. The incumbent will be also be a key contributor to the transformation of the Institute's core business systems, including research support, which will enable better services and reporting, and strengthen our ability to meet compliance requirements.
- Lead the Research Grants Office to provide Institute-wide pre and post-award support, ensuring a professional, high-performing, and consistent service for researchers.
- Ensure that the Research Grants Office facilitates well-targeted research funding and provides optimal support for key grant funding programs, particularly the NHMRC.
- Integrate teams to support targeted funding calls for major collaborative grant schemes.
- Proactively identify a range of grant opportunities and support ongoing improvements to the level, quality, and diversity of research grant funding.
- Interpret and provide guidance to academic staff on grant regulations and guidelines to ensure information for the research community is up to date and relevant.
- Provide expert advice regarding grant administration.
- Work with a variety of stakeholders to develop and implement high level plans to maximise research funding at the Institute and minimise process barriers to enable collaborative research.
- Optimise team structure to allow effective delivery of the Institute's strategy, providing expert advice and policy guidance to staff.
- Work with the Fundraising and Business Development teams to facilitate the development of targeted applications.
- Design, develop and coordinate training on grant writing and development across the lifecycle from early career researchers and clinician-scientists through to established researchers.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Appropriate postgraduate tertiary qualifications (with additional research experience), ideally in a science or health science discipline, or demonstrated equivalent, relevant experience and/or training.
- Minimum 3 years professional experience in research management in a university, research institute or hospital setting.
- Track record of achievement in leading the successful development and management of complex research grants.
- Demonstrated experience of leading, managing, and motivating others to deliver objectives.
- Extensive understanding of national and international research grant schemes and how to attract and administer research funding through these funding agencies.
- Strong understanding of the health and medical research sector environment and culture.
- Relevant financial literacy and expertise (business cases, management of budget, forward planning, forecasting and analysis).
if you are interested in the above role please apply through the link or call Pearce on 0292369061
The Specialist Recruitment Group PTY LTD is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.