Carter Murray Dubai has an opportunity for a Global Research Director position based in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia.
Reporting to the Executive Director of Education, this role will undertake the task of managing impactful and wide-ranging research on Central Arabia, with the goal of promoting knowledge about the client and its contributions to the global cultural stage and our intellectual heritage.
- Build a team committed to working towards fulfilling the vision, goals, and priorities necessary
- Oversee appointments of departmental staff to assist in the performance of the functions and duties
- Oversight of all book production processes
- Spearhead research efforts and update of global research strategy
- Curate and lead the research grant award panel and research grant awards process
- Planning of international spin-off events from the Annual Seminar
- Regular liaison with the Heritage Management team to showcase and disseminate results
- Continuous review and update of the departmental research strategy, in coordination with relevant units
- Advocate a culture of openness, teamwork, transparency, and empowerment throughout the department, and exercise supervision and control of employment actions, subject to leadership approval where necessary
Key Requirements of the Research Director are:
- Master’s degree in a relevant discipline essential, doctoral degree desirable
- Experience in driving and/or leading & managing a research institution in an evolving environment
- Ideally from the academic sector, or at least with a good knowledge of the global environment
- Familiarity with the international research landscape
- Good networking and people skills
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbally
- Excellent understanding of process and research administration
- Experience in academic and/or non-academic publishing
** Due to the high volume of responses, we are unable to provide feedback to all applicants. If you have not been contacted within two weeks, please assume that at this stage your application has been unsuccessful. **
The SR Group (Dubai) Limited is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.