NEW Proposals Manager- 12 Month FTC role with global law firm.
The Proposals Manager will join the Proposals function within the Marketing & Business Development team at this global Law firm in London working on strategic, high value pitches. The job holder will report to the Senior Proposals Manager (SPM) and the team is supported by a Proposals Executive and Business Development Assistant. The core elements of the role are end to end pitch support.
This role will work closely with the SPM to handle strategic, cross-practice pitches for the London office.
This will include:
- Go/no go decision making
- Client research
- Developing key win themes
- Drafting pitch documentation
- Coaching lawyers on presentations
- Post pitch client reviews
- Recording, tracking and analysing pitch activity
The role also interacts closely with the Global Proposals community around the firm's network, as well as the practice group BD leads in the London office.
A strategic project has been initiated by the London Proposals function to look closely at the process, materials and infrastructure used for pitching in order to identify areas to improve. Project objectives are:
- Increase visibility over what the firm is pitching for
- Reduce inconsistencies of pitching
- Create time saving efficiencies to get to first draft, so senior BD resources can spend more time on key messages/client proposition
Sharing Best Practice:
- Work with BD colleagues across the firm to identify and promote opportunities for collaboration and continuous improvement.
- Work to identify process improvement and maintenance of core pitch assets sharing best practices and pitch statistics.
- Deliver training to senior associates and partners as needed.
Supporting other Business Development activity:
- Assisting the wider Client Management team on ad hoc basis with bespoke capability statements, client conversation rehearsals, thinking around key messages.
- Supporting on practice and industry research, including internal fee analysis and external desk research for clients and markets/industries.
The ideal candidate will have previous experience in a Bids or Business Development role within a professional services environment. You will have experience in managing multiple pitch deadlines and have strong project coordination, organisation and time management skills.
SR Group is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.