salary flexible for the right candidate
about 1 year ago
A Product Manager position has come available at one of Europe's most successful and exciting FMCG businesses.
Reporting into the Marketing Manager, this client are looking for a Product Manager. This is a fantastic opportunity to take full responsibility for your product portfolio and have ownership of P&L and budget across your category. You will thrive both on detailed & in-depth analysis that drives business decisions (turnover / margin / stock etc) as well as structured and creative promotional planning. The role is highly collaborative both with UK & international colleagues and external agencies.
You will thrive in a highly commercial and analytical environment. You will have the desire to take full ownership of this category, including P&L responsibility, and be judged on your results. You will ideally have an interest in cooking / coffee and enjoy using and understanding the technical aspects of your products so you are seen as the expert.As a natural influencer you will seek out and develop great relationships with colleagues.
- Proactively manage full range of existing and new products
- Clear ownership of P&L and budget for all products within the category.
- Detailed & in depth analysis / reporting on a regular basis to drive business decisions (turnover / margin / stock etc)
- Planning, development and implementation and control of promotional activities in collaboration with sales team and external agencies.
- Understand the brand strategy and ensure marketing activities are aligned to it.
- Identify opportunities for growth and supply solutions to exploit opportunities.
- Ensure consumer research (in conjunction with SBU) is aligned with customers needs for the UK market
· Degree level education / CIM Post graduate diploma
· A range of experiences in product marketing roles
· Experience in Durable goods (SDA, MDA, electronic, IT appliances), Houseware goods or FMCG sector
· Significant experience of carrying out detailed analysis (margin etc) across product categories
· Credible and confident with customers, and able to demonstrate commercial acumen
· Experience of handling ATL - TV / Press / Agency
· Experience of and appetite for digital marketing
- Team working ethic where we help each other to get the best result
- Adaptable approach, able to use judgement in handling situations and people
- Able to handle lots of tasks & projects with ease
- Strong entrepreneurship spirit
- Excellent attention to detail and good at manipulating figures with speed and ease
- Able to convey concepts in writing in a clear, accurate, and engaging way
The SR Group (UK) Limited is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.