Sydney, New South Wales
AU$140000 - AU$160000 per annum (200,000 OTE)
about 1 year ago
This is an excellent opportunity with a Global Financial Market Data and Infrastructure business with over 80 million exchange traded instruments.
In terms of the stakeholders these are as follows:
- Has a good understanding of the main product offerings such as Independent Pricing, Regulatory Services, Corporate Actions & Third Party data.
- Understands differentiating factors between Fixed Income & Complex derivatives as well as Exchange Traded Instruments.
- Understands the commercial framework and the quotation and contractual process using the Benchmark Calculator.
- Has the ability to collaborate and direct Solutions Consultants, Account Managers and the Partners & Redistribution team for applicable opportunities and complete both sales and administration processes.
- Can build a relationship with the Market development team to generate and execute campaigns.
- Engages and understands the requirements and obligations of Corporate Treasury, Custodians, Superannuations, Investment/Asset Managers & Sell-side Banks
- Can strategically design a proposal and navigate the sales process for both small and large customers
- Is familiar with interacting with both department heads and users within Investment Operations, Treasury, Market Data, Market Risk & Compliance
- Has a good understanding of the complexity and selling into customer redistribution ( incl. raw & derived data) for Software Partners and Fund administrators. This includes the value proposition, exchange obligations and the permissioning process
- Has established relationships with software partners ; as well as third party providers.
- Is familiar with the regulatory obligations within buy-side and sell-side firms. I.e LIBOR Transition programme FRTB, Substantial Shareholding Reporting, Initial Margin Requirements, etc
Knowledge and skills:
- 5+ years of industry experience (sales or market)
- Deep market understanding including a) specialist understanding of financial markets b) knowledge of relevant markets c) a strong understanding of customers' business model workflow
- Solid understanding of usage of technologies and requirements for pricing and reference data within financial institutions, especially on the buy side.
- Outstanding selling skills
- Data Standardization & Collection Methodology
- Other data feed delivery channels and APIs
- Creative problem solver and good sales ideation skills
- Presentation skills (verbal & written)
- Strong listening skills and interpersonal skills
- Ability to prioritize and execute a sales plan
- Ability to work within a broader team
- Consistent track record in a quota bearing sales environment
- Experience of working with channel partners to drive sales
- Experience selling to C- level executives
Whats in it for you?
- Top brand with excellent product range, training and support. Strong room to expand internally in the business and an excellent commission structure.
Please feel free to call Stuart Milson on 04812 66699 if you have any questions.
For a full review of our active roles, please visit our website at www.cartermurray.com.au
Carter Murray is part of The Specialist Recruitment Group PTY LTD, which is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.