Sydney, New South Wales
AU$110000 - AU$130000 per annum + + Super + Bonus
about 1 year ago
My client is the world's leading proponent of responsible investment. It works to understand the investment implications of environmental, social and governance (ESG) factors and to support its international network of members in incorporating these factors into their investment and ownership decisions.
They are now looking to hire a Press / PR Manager in Australia
Working with this organisation provides an opportunity to engage with highly motivated, culturally diverse professionals on a wide range of cutting edge issues, such as income inequality through the lens of sustainable finance.
- The APAC Press Manager will work closely with the Head of Press based in London - who the role reports to - and the team on media engagement activities globally.
- The role will lead media relations in consultation with the Head of Press to raise the profile in the region including key ESG issues the organisation focuses on.
- The role will work closely with the Client Relations team in the region and will work on media engagement for the CEO and content specialists
- Lead press engagement work in APAC, working closely with PRI's Head of Press and team
- Raise the profile of the organisation and its work with investors on sustainable investing in press in the region
- Proactively work on media engagement for the CEO and Content specialists
- Work closely with the Signatory Relations team in the region on proactive media engagement in markets including Australia/New Zealand, China and Japan (some existing media contacts are desirable, but not necessary across all markets)
- Be an integral part of the communications team, pitch in on communications activities as needed.
The Ideal Candidate
- Proactive team player,with excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Educated to degree level (or equivalent) in a relevant discipline
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Media relations experience and existing press contacts in APAC markets
- Experience or Exposure to financial Services or Investment / Super sector an advantage
- Able to build relationships internally and externally quickly
- Experience working in initiatives involving multiple stakeholders
- Excellent attention to detail
- Highly organised with the ability to juggle competing demands
- A collaborative and consultative approach to working with others, able to take ownership of challenges or complaints and see them through to resolution.
- Excellent relationship management and interpersonal skills.
For a full review of our active roles, please visit our website at www.cartermurray.com.au
Carter Murray is part of The Specialist Recruitment Group PTY LTD, which is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.