PR & External Communications Manager- ESG
GLOBAL EXTERNAL COMMUNICATIONS & PR MANAGER (ESG / SUSTAINABILITY)
BASED LONDON-hybrid working
This is an exciting opportunity to play a key role in managing the PR & External Communications activity for a highly reputable organisation looking to drive change in the ESG / Sustainability space.
The organisation has a particular focus on highlighting ESG risks and opportunities focused on Institutional investors and corporates.
Experience working in a media relations/ PR role in capital markets or the investments space, or wider financial services is preferred. Experience and/or knowledge of ESG risks in the context of capital markets, climate and public policy is highly desirable.
Reporting into the Communications Director, you will play a key role in managing the PR activity, focused on proactive media relations, with a global remit. You will be responsible for managing relationships with PR agencies
- Campaigns and strategic planning: Develop and execute PR and external communication campaigns in support of the organisation
- Key corporate messaging: develop and maintain a library of key messages and talking points on key themes and activities. Assume oversight responsibility for e corporate messaging in all official communications, internal and external.
- Partner with agencies to further reach: Manage PR agency support and freelance PR support outside of the Uk in Europe and America
- Develop rapid news response: Monitor global media for articles of interest and be responsible for drafting appropriate responses in collaboration with stakeholders.
- Contribute to content creation: Contribute engaging content for an investor and/or corporate audience, including blogs, op-eds, and articles. Review and draft press releases, social media posts and web content.
- Provide regular updates and reporting on media-related activities to Director of Communications and Marketing, and others as appropriate.
- Solid B2B PR/media relations experience – ideally gained in the investments / capital markets or wider financial services space
- Some understanding/experience of environmental, social and governance issues
- Strong existing media relationships in ESG / sustainability / investment press highly desirable.
- Experience developing and executing communication and PR campaigns around specific themes, research, or product launches
- Ideally you will have experience developing and executing thought leadership campaigns and/or profiles for individuals and companies in specific thematic areas of expertise
- Experience identifying high profile conference and multimedia platform opportunities for executives and companies to reach desired target audiences.
- Experience managing PR agencies
Interested? Please send your cv to Emma Jerome via the link provided
The SR Group (UK) Limited is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.