Dubai, United Arab Emirates
5 months ago
A fast growing start-up has an exciting new opportunity for a Manufacturing and Textile Specialist based in Dubai.
The role heads end-to-end quality assurance and process improvement of third party manufacturing processes, from fabric sourcing to manufacturing of the end product, including inspection and quality assurance across the supply chain.
- Manufacturing and Textile lead specialist working closely with the HQ and third-party manufacturer to ensure product quality and process efficiency.
- Responsibility of carrying out Technical Audits, Factory Surveillance, and Inspections in Textile Industry.
- Capability of preparing Audit and Inspection Reports.
- Ensuring right quality of products and timely service to industry as per defined parameters.
- Carrying out Sampling activity as per Standards and SIT (scheme of inspection and testing) documents.
- Coding, masking, and ensuring dispatch of samples to third party labs. Capability of understanding and interpreting Work Instructions, SOP's and IS Standards.
- Overseeing the dyeing, printing, and finishing process.
- Keeping up to date with trends and sustainable innovations.
- R&D activities beyond textiles field, within overall department's project map.
- Monitor & ensure Quality and Accuracy.
- Lead and drive improvement projects through all project phases and collaborate with the local improve organization on site ( Travel up to 30%).
Qualifications, experience, and skills:
- Min. B.S. degree in Engineering - (Textile Engineering preferred)
- 7+ years in working with textiles/textile manufacturing (bedding, apparel or soft goods)
- Strong expertise in Textile & knitting technologies
- Experience in audit and quality assurance and plant optimization
- Ability to monitor quality and identify needs for corrective/preventative action.
- Ability to work effectively in cross-cultural international team setting
- Strong commitment to quality with excellent communication skills.
The SR Group (Dubai) Limited is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.