Our client has managed to build a high-performance, customer-focused organization which today is directly operating in 35 countries - mainly in Europe - serving a high potential market of prescription-free, consumer-oriented health products ranging from medicines, medical devices, cosmetics, food supplements and biocides.
This role will play a key function in leading the business' Business Development excellence and capability transformation journey
Initiate, prepare and execute in- and out-licensing projects for the consumer healthcare portfolio within CHCI. Identify opportunities for strengthening and growing our product portfolio; preparing and structuring licensing opportunities and deals from a strong international network of pharma/OTC licensing contacts; independently driving negotiation of new contracts; managing of existing licensing deals.
Major Duties / Responsibilities:
- Market and portfolio analysis: Identify trends and opportunities for strengthening and growing our product portfolio. Review portfolio for core categories/brands together with innovation and marketing colleagues and identify gaps and opportunities to complement and grow.
- Deal scouting: Generate leads and identify potential sources/products/brands/development projects to in-license. Leverage existing network and scout for new, additional leads. Constantly build relevant network to consumer health players, licensors, development partners.
- Deal preparation: Analyze and structure licensing deals. Work closely with legal, innovation and marketing colleagues, as well as other relevant functions, to secure a successful licensing deal
- Deal execution: Prepare and drive the negotiation and execution of licensing deals.
- Partnership and contract management: Analysis of existing contracts and driving renegotiation/optimization.
- University degree in a relevant scientific field (e.g., biology, medicine, pharmacology) or closely allied field, combined with several years of relevant job experience
- Three+ years of experience in a (In-/Out)-Licensing/BD&L role in the pharmaceutical/OTC/Consumer Health industry
- Good working knowledge of IP, regulatory and product development field in Consumer Health/OTC pharma
- Existing network to relevant licensing/BD&L contacts in European Consumer Health/OTC
- Strong analytical skills, strategic thinking, excellent oral and written communication skills and excellent interpersonal skills.
- Fluent in English, other major European languages a plus
- Computer literacy with a working knowledge of MS Office
- Experience and comfort working within a matrix environment; collaborate and influence others without formal authority.
- Self-starter; results oriented; ability to work independently while consulting with others as appropriate.
- Team player with cultural sensitivity and ability to influence others to get positive results.
My client offers a strong compensation and comprehensive benefits package
Apply with an updated CV.
SR Group is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.