Dubai, United Arab Emirates
10 months ago
Carter Murray are looking for a Head of UX Design for a leading retailer in the Middle East with their head office located in Dubai.
This role would have around 30-40 team members reporting under them categorized under 5 teams with Senior Managers for each - UX Design, BAU Design, CRO, Product, Content & Translation.
The responsibilities of the position:
- Produce detailed website audits and usability reports, containing areas of opportunity to improve conversion through usability enhancements focused on user-centred interaction design, usability principles and methodologies.
- Produce brand facing reports containing analysis, surfacing trends and recommendations for improvement of both websites and related marketing activity.
- Understand user needs, conduct research to develop a deep knowledge of who the service users are and what that means for digital and assisted digital service design.
- Coach and develop the UX & Design team and build a sustainable multi-disciplinary team that can adopt a user-centred design approach.
- Build the various brand digital stores with a look, feel, tone and function that meets the needs of users and respects the host brand.
- Undertake user research and usability testing to continuously inform improvement.
- Work with the data and analytics team and tools to collect and report performance data to inform continual service improvements and provide ongoing assurance that the digital store is simple and intuitive enough that users succeed first time unaided.
- Accountable for the development and introduction of new products and features that make the customer journey better and increase revenue and market share.
- Direct analyses of market demand and review of competitive products.
- Direct analyses of customer feedback through various channels including individual customer interviews.
- Champion design and UX capabilities that deliver a delightful user experience and high uptake and reuse.
- Manage and coach a team to facilitate their professional growth and career progression.
- Be passionate about teaching best practices around the craft of UX and how to design products.
- Review and evolve the digital design principles, challenge the foundations and building blocks, ascertain where we are in enabling and delivering a relevant and consistent interaction and usability across all sites.
- 10+ years of relevant design experience in digital products, including 4+ years in people management.
- Design research skills, knowledge of user-centred design methodologies.
- Excellent communication skills and stakeholder management.
- Storytelling skills to communicate findings to all audiences
- A diverse portfolio of work personally designed and shipped, along with examples of work directed and delivered by your team that demonstrates cutting-edge digital work, a deep understanding of customer needs and unique approaches to problem solving.
- Experience managing product designers and UX researchers with the ability to build, mentor, and motivate teams.
- Strong systems thinking, and the ability to understand complex feature and marketplace dynamics.
- Experience leading design teams through successful product launches across iOS, Android, and responsive/mobile web.
- Experience recruiting and hiring top talent, as well as cultivating talent and growing diverse teams.
- Charismatic, hands on and high energy individual who leads from the front - collaborative and customer centric.
- Possesses high levels of resilience and drive, and can equally inspire and motivate those around them, is comfortable talking to store colleague, and influencing the Senior Leadership Team.
- Excellent influencing skills, relationship management and an ability to make complexity simple to help build understanding across a breadth of colleagues in a matrixed retail organization.
- Strong executive presence and communication skills
- Takes ownership for driving results through others, challenges others' thinking in a supportive way and shares knowledge and experience with others.
- Maintains personal and team effectiveness in times of change, inspires positive action and helps others adapt and cope with change.
- Takes responsibility for the team result, monitors progress, and communicates achievements.
If you match these requirements please apply on the link provided.
The SR Group (Dubai) Limited is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.