HEAD OF SPORTS (Broadcast)
A hot Sports Broadcast with a worldwide reputation is looking to hire their Head of Sports who will take lead of the strategic, commercial management of their Sports Network in South East Asia.
Mainly responsible for identifying and leveraging on opportunities for revenue growth and collaboration, this person will oversee content strategy, program sales, digital advertising sales, rights acquisitions and localisation initiatives across TV, OTT and digital platforms.
- Lead and direct the team to ensure a smooth creation and execution of Sports franchise programming to SEA audiences.
- Collaborate with the SEA leadership team to develop strategies to advance the business' key objectives whilst driving revenue, profitability and growth.
- Execute the SEA sports strategy for growth and efficiency, with regards to affiliate and advertising sales.
- Work alongside the marketing team to develop clear and consistent marketing strategies to achieve revenue growth and development of the Sports brand.
- Increase viewership significantly by creating a unique and compelling experience for the audience of Sports brands
- Maintain strong rapport with the creative community, marketing related partners, and key industry partners that enable us to better connect brand and sports content with audiences.
- Strengthen ties with senior management of affiliates, telcos, senior advertising industry figures and key industry partners in order to keep our brands and franchises at the centre of Sports communications and to develop business opportunities
- Oversee rights acquisitions and licensing for SEA with key stakeholders including rights management companies, leagues, sports agencies and platforms.
- Manage budgets closely, reporting on financial and operational risks, while improving operational efficiencies.
- Build and develop a team of people to achieve goals, providing opportunities for development.
- Maintain constant awareness of customers, trends and competition; including corporate performance, objectives and pressures, category awareness, performance and activity with competitors.
- Minimally 13 years' experience leading a Sports Network, entertainment/media sector with extensive networks in SEA markets.
- Having previously worked across all facets of the business: production, marketing, digital sales, and rights acquisition.
- Possess a network of media contacts within the Sports industry and television business.
- In-depth understanding of media contracts, deal structures, and licensing.
- Articulate in communication and vision to negotiate deals (buying & selling), generate ideas, provide leadership direction, and engage internal/external stakeholders
- Proficient in numbers, with the ability to effectively manage revenue targets, P&L's and budgets
- Prior work experience in a matrix organization managing multiple stakeholders and multitasking.
- Proven experience leading people with leadership maturity and the readiness to mentor and coach for success.
- Ability to energetically drive results and multi-task in a very fast-paced environment
- MBA or a Bachelor's Degree - Business, Economics, or Finance preferred.
Should you come with Sports Broadcasting background, with the X factor of being able to juggle BOTH content and partnerships strategy - make it your goal to have your CVs sent to my inbox by the end of today.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
To comply with local laws, our Singapore office EA Licence No is: 17S8475.