Internal communications lead
B2C / Retail / Multisite
Watford (20 mins from Euston)
Circa £70,000 + car allowance + stock options + bonus
My client, a UK leader in their sector going through a period of growth and investment, is looking for an individual to lead internal communications.
You will provide strategic direction and leadership on the further development of the internal communications strategy in brand and marketing. It is vital that you keep up to date with best practice internal communications and technologies to align their strategies, channels and content with the market
- Optimise existing communication channels and introduce new channels where appropriate to create a framework of clear and effective associate communications across the different audiences and geographies in Europe.
- Ensure each channel has a defined and clearly communicated purpose.
- Lead on key events in the communications calendar providing support to senior leaders on involvement, content and approach.
- Plan and manage the internal communications budget Communicate
- Lead on the converting strategic activity into messages and activities that are relevant at a departmental and individual level to create a shared purpose that is relevant to the working lives of associates.
- Develop a deep understanding of and ability to articulate the unique culture through communications, events and engagement activities.
- Align external and internal communications to drive brand awareness, leading the thinking on associate advocacy through social channels.
- Identify newsworthy angles from associate initiatives within the business, craft supporting assets and identify opportunities to build reputation through sharing associate activity.
- Oversee and manage the complexities of operating in several languages and cultures, working closely with country communications managers and both in-house and external translation agencies.
- Act as the guardian of tone of voice across all communications, driving consistency of messaging, and best practice in associate engagement through communications.
- Provide clear and effective communications in response to crisis or emergency situations to reassure and guide associates
The SR Group (UK) Limited is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.