over 1 year ago
We are exclusively managing a Head of Data Analytics opportunity at Merlin Entertainments, Europe's number 1 Tourist and Leisure destination operator. With 120 attractions across 20 countries, this is a great opportunity to get a seat at the table within a Global Organisation.
You will be responsible for identifying and delivering insight that will drive the performance of Merlin's business with exceptional insight to allow the management teams to make informed decisions.
Where necessary, you will be required to deep dive to understand and address key business challenges, and called on to make recommendations to reverse negative performance.
You will be a key part of the Digital Strategy & Insight team and pivotal in providing real, fact-based insight and making recommendations that will have the ability to change the way that Merlin conducts its business - and transforming the business performance on a global basis.
· Be the 'go-to person' for analytics and meaningful insight that addresses real and relevant business issues, with a particular focus on E-Commerce channel performance but also a wider understanding of the impact on other channels/areas.
· Work closely with the Head of E-Commerce Optimisation to provide fact based insight that will inform the development and ongoing improvement of the online channel including efficiency of brand and E-Commerce platform.
· Work closely with business partners including Regional Heads of E-Commerce and Finance Partners to identify, develop and deliver relevant insight that will drive business decisions, flag potential issues and identify opportunities, on an ongoing basis.
· Monitor the business on a global basis, prioritising key attractions, to ensure that the business is on track to meet/exceed budget with a particular focus on E-Commerce channel.
· Work closely with Head of Short Breaks and Head of Loyalty to understand what reporting is currently being delivered and identify how this can be improved to allow informed decision-making.
· Work closely with Heads of E-Commerce and relevant key Stakeholders including key attractions to deep dive where required, to address key business challenges.
· Manage and develop the Web Analytics Manager and Campaign Analyst.
· Excellent communicator, able to clearly identify and articulate key insights and recommendations to drive business decision-making with Stakeholders at senior level.
· Exceptional Stakeholder Manager, sensitive to 'client' requirements and able to set expectations and time-manage to an advanced level.
· Diplomatic and sensitive to the potentially difficult decision making that may result from their recommendations - able to understand and judge potentially tricky situations.
· Passionate about and have solid experience in web analytics within online retail or other relevant industry.
· Advanced working knowledge of analytics tools such as Google Analytics 360, Coremetrics, Webtrends, Omniture, Hitwise etc.
· Sound knowledge of SQL databases is an advantage.
· Working Knowledge of sales and margin reporting process and data management tools.
· Technical working experience of analytical tracking, website tagging and creating sales funnels.
· Commercially minded and experienced in interpreting data into meaningful information and actions.
· Ability to consider analytics from a real customer perspective.
· An enthusiastic & flexible working attitude with a passion for metrics and quantitative analysis and a willingness to support others and cover areas outside your role remit or natural comfort zone.
· Highly numerate with strong commercial acumen and advanced Excel Skills.
· Previous Management experience.
If this sounds like something you'd be interested in, get in touch via:
The SR Group (UK) Limited is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.