- Grow the public profile of the organisation through high profile media coverage, marketing and thought leadership activities.
- Provide advice and guidance across the organisation on how to communicate with a wide variety of audiences in academia, government, industry and the broader public.
- Manage the organisation's recently-launched website
- Identify and publicise evidence of the organisation's impact, through case studies, media stories and stakeholder communications.
- Brief senior staff and spokespeople on the latest news in data science and AI and oversee a programme of media training across the organisation.
- Manage sensitive media enquiries and get ahead of potential issues.
- Lead on the design, development and content for the organisation's annual report and other strategic publications.
- Support the organisation's Executive Team and Director with strategic communications advice, developing briefs and communications plans as required.
- Demonstrable experience of developing stand-out marketing and communications campaigns.
- Experience of managing a team.
- Experience of implementing and measuring the success of communications campaigns
- Crisis communications and issues management skills.
- Attention to detail, networking, influencing and interpersonal skills
- A proactive, enthusiastic and collaborative approach, with the ability to problem-solve and think creatively
- Excellent organisation and time management skills
- Works well under pressure, able to prioritise and work to tight deadlines
- Ability to be flexible and retain good judgement in a fast-paced environment
- Contacts in the science, tech and business press
- Experience of managing budgets and third-party contractors
Due to the high volume of responses, Carter Murray is not able to respond to each candidate individually, if you have not heard back within 6 weeks please assume your application has not been successful.
The SR Group (UK) Limited is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.