7 months ago
There is an opportunity to join a leading US law firm in a Head of Business Development, Marketing and Communications position. This role will lead the business function for the Singapore practice and be the strategic, local leader for all BD marketing and communications duties. This position will have a close working relationship with the Singapore partners and also work within a regional and global team structure.
- Implementation of the Firm's BD & Marketing strategy in terms of operational tasks, process management and efficiency improvements in Singapore.
- Support delivery and implementation of firm-wide Client Programs within a local context - yet aligned with global and regional priorities.
- Have personal responsibility of managing a small number of key clients, particularly those with a strong base or have key management in the local jurisdiction.
- Overall management and leadership of the BDMC team in Singapore.
- Assist with the office business planning process and strategy deliver
- Identify client opportunities through market research and drive the office's business development activities targeted at growth of existing client accounts and strategic acquisition of clients.
- Lead the process of client care reviews as required for the office.
- Support individual partners on BDMC strategies to assist with client relationship management, client acquisition and profile raising.
- Provide support for local partners in their personal sales activities, presentations, meetings and networking as is applicable and relevant
- Consider local go-to-market channels for purposes of revenue generation, i.e. Local Chambers of Commerce, national Government bodies, Corporate Counsel, local sponsorship opportunities, or any other relevant channels.
- Working with the team and the central pitching specialists to ensure Singapore and cross-border pitches and proposals are delivered at a high level of quality and strategic input.
- Team with colleagues and BDMC staff around the world to market our services and expertise in a way that is relevant to the local market, through the development and deployment of thought leadership content, market leading events, sponsorships and other profile-raising activities.
- Monitor and spot forward-looking issues and trends and translate their legal impact to clients and lawyers in a commercial way for impacting strategy, business plans and their execution.
- Manage and co-ordinate initiatives with BDMC teams, setting high standards and values, and embedding shared values of collaboration, market-leading intelligence and client service across the team.
- Educated to degree level or equivalent qualification / experience focusing on Marketing, Communications, Sales or related commercial subjects
- Experience of team leadership in a marketing and/or business development
- Experience working with and influencing senior stakeholders for strategic business outcomes
- Excellent English verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to effectively manage competing priorities
- Strong judgement and ability to make well-reasoned independent decisions
- Advanced understanding of business development, marketing and communications
- Self-motivated and independent, able to work with a minimum of supervision
- Comfortable working across multiple cultures and time zones in a matrix organisation
- Strong interpersonal skills, positive attitude and team spirit
- High degree of attention to detail and excellent project management skills
If you feel that your experience is suited please apply below;
The SR Group (Hong Kong) Limited is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.