Amsterdam, North Holland
about 1 year ago
For our client, a multinational consumer goods company, I am currently looking for a Global Strategy Manager within Amsterdam. The company has been redefining the consumer health market by combining in-depth knowledge with the speed of decision making. The brands of our clients are market leader in most categories.
In this role you will work alongside 1-2 other peers, closely cooperating with Competitive Insights, Data, Analytics & Insights team as well as working together with other professionals across functions and geographies. The role will give you high exposure to the company's executive committee including the CFO & CMO.
You will be responsible for:
- Provoke strategic thinking by challenging status quo and bringing new insights
- Identify, diagnose and address key strategic issues to drive growth
- Support top management in articulation of corporate strategy
- Drive change through clear and impactful communication with top management
New Business Development
- Building on market and consumer trends and using analytical approach to scan, assess, identify and prioritize new areas for further growth
- Work with multifunctional teams to diligence and define opportunities for expansion, translate them into executable plans
- Occasionally engage in Due Diligence process and M&A activity
Strategic Planning Process
- Support straetgic planning process working alongside key portfolio category managers
- Ensure strategic plan and financial planning functions work collaboratively
- Liaise with key stakeholders and work cross-functionally with business teams
- Challenge and input suggested category plans
- Prepare materials for and support executive strategic plan sessions
- Experience at a top-tier strategy consulting firm with exposure to consumer goods sector. Evidence of performance (e.g. at least one to two promotions)
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills - ability to run quantitative analysis and a strong knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- Strong communication skills - ability to convert complex concepts into simple, well-articulated comms (power point) to suit the audience (from board meeting to townhalls)
- Entrepreneurial - has creative, internal drive and motivation to constantly challenge status quo, look for novel situations and approaches, seek to disrupt existing ways of doing things
- Curious - always on the lookout for new trends and ideas externally, keeps hand on the pulse of the industry
- Proactive and adaptable - willing to respond positively to changing circumstances; the ability to spot opportunities and risks
- Collaborative - demonstrated ability to build strong relationships and work collaboratively with the broader multifunctional teams
- Maturity - demonstrated exposure to and ability to work well with senior executive teams, influencing others and managing conflicting views
- Resilience and ability to handle and resolve complexity and ambiguity
The SR Group (Germany) GmbH is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
The SR Group in Germany receives Great Place to Work® 2018 quality seal
The SR Group in Germany is one of the winners of Great Place to Work® competition "Best employers in NRW".