Venue Events Manager
£40,000 plus 10% bonus
Carter Murray is partnering with a FTSE 100 brand in London who have an attractive vacancy for a Venue Events Manager to join their team. This role will sit within the Hospitality and Events Management team. You will be part of a vibrant team who are both venue and events specialists who deliver up to 500 events per year. This is a challenging but exciting role where you’ll need impeccable organisation and time management skills along with a calm approach and the ability to think on your feet.
This role will require you to be office based 5 times a week in Central London.
- To manage all event enquires received to ensure only the most appropriate bookings are taken.
- Host event site visits with prospective clients to direct & build their agenda and event plans to create the best experience for your guests.
- Build and manage relationships with key stakeholders, partners and suppliers (internal & external) up to & including at board level.
- Manage all designated events (on-site) taking full responsibility for security and health and safety of all the event attendees and staff.
- Organise, direct and deliver all events logistics. Leading a team of up to 30 support staff, agencies and suppliers.
- Manage all enquiries from members of the public (via email, telephone or in-person).
- Ensure all security checks are completed when running ‘open’ events.
- Own the eGDPR responsibility for all guest/attendee data.
- Experienced event & logistics specialist (from basic meetings through to managing events of up to 1000 people)
- Multiple stakeholder management (incl. at senior / board level)
- Crisis management, ideally with some knowledge of multi-agency response protocols (you will be given specific building incident control training)
- Great organisational skills
- Calm but decisive decision maker, able to lead a large team of support personnel (up to 30 contract, freelance & agency personnel per event).
- Experience in a customer facing environment, preferably in events / hospitality
- Preferably would have experience of working in a high-pressure environment where customer requirements and deliverable are constantly changing, often within very short timescales
- To live in/just around the London area (M25 corridor) due to the long and unsocial working hours. Candidate will need to be able to commit to regular evening and weekend working and flexible working patterns. Typically, 1-2 evenings per week (until mid-night) and regular weekend days.
- Preferably would have first aid / emergency aid experience (although training will be provided as this is a mandatory requirement)
- Preferably would have experience in / knowledge of building FM management (processes / protocols)
If you think this exciting and challenging opportunity is for you, then please apply today as applications are being accepted immediately!
The SR Group (UK) Limited is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.