E-Commerce Manager - Merlin Entertainments
Reporting to: Regional Head of eCommerce
This role is accountable for website performance within the region and as such responsible for driving conversion rate and yield for the respective attractions. This role works closely with Regional Head of eCommerce to improve the customer journey in line with central strategy. It will also work alongside the attractions Marketing teams as well as the regional Direct Marketing Manager, Search Engine Marketing Manager and Admissions Revenue Analyst to drive performance.
Key Objectives & Responsibilities:
- Key focuses of the role will include:
- Content Management - Ensure all content for local attraction sites is relevant and updated on an ongoing basis to deliver local relevance, integration with local marketing campaigns and optimise performance associated with seasonality. NB. This may include optimising existing content or developing bespoke content (localised - where required).
- Customer Journey Optimisation - Drive conversion of the local attraction site in line with agreed targets and global direction.
- Yield Management - ensure that all relevant products (including upsells / cross sells) are live and optimised to deliver maximum yield.
- Local Web Tool Optimisation - in line with global direction.
- Local Web Development - work with relevant development agencies under guidance of central team to ensure that all relevant developments are made on time and within budget.
- Checking Tagging / Merchandising - check that any changes/new development is tagged and that any new products are live so that we can track, as required.
- Testing - continually monitor the site and check that it is working efficiently and that any proposed changes are tested prior to 'go live' to ensure optimised solution.
- Working relationships:
- They will work closely with the attractions to ensure all sites are updated and relevant.
- They will need to work closely with the Regional DM, SEM and Admissions Revenue Analyst to ensure that all are kept in the loop and that the attractions have a cohesive online / eCommerce delivery.
- Effective communication with other E-Commerce Managers - to ensure sharing of best practice, etc.
- Weekly reporting will be required to continually track performance against target.
- They will report to the relevant Regional Head of eCommerce with a dotted line report into relevant Marketing Director and eCommerce Development Manager, to ensure that the website is locally relevant and optimised.
- They will partner with key attraction stakeholders on a local basis specifically the local Marketing Directors and their marketing teams to deliver a cohesive solution that is fully integrated into the local marketing plans - and as such, reflects the local campaigns, etc.
Skills, Experience & Qualifications:
- Experience in Web Management for a consumer brand.
- Excellent communication skills and stakeholder management.
- Good understanding of the Google Suite (Analytics, Optimize) as well as knowledge of CMS systems
- Budget management and KPI reporting.
- Agency and team management experience.
- Confident problem-solver, able to work under pressure, when required, and a hands on can-do mentality.
The SR Group (UK) Limited is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.