Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
over 1 year ago
This is a Director level opportunity, for an experienced promotion, marketing and events executive from the tourism industry, to lead the development and implementation of destination promotion plans and the events calendar in order to maximize the visibility and the positioning of the client's brand as a preferred tourism destination in country, regionally and internationally. Reporting to the Chief Destination manager, this role is based in Riyadh.
The key responsibilities of this role will be to:
- Develop and execute the marketing and branding strategy that enables the successful realization of the region tourism strategy.
- Implement initiatives that build and maintain strong brand awareness for the region in coordination with marketing and advertising agencies.
- Analyse customer perceptions of the project' brand in order to identify drivers and use findings as inputs for improvement.
- Conduct brand and customer related research (brand index surveys, focus groups, etc.) and ensure that results are communicated to all concerned parties.
- Ensure the adequate provision of services for the promotion and advertising of events and festivals regionally and internationally.
- Plan advertising campaigns, including which media to advertise in, such as radio, television, print, online media, and billboards
- Formulate the advertising and promotional plans/tactics that highlights the region's unique offerings to facilitate increasing of the brand awareness and visitor numbers
- Establish close working relationships and conduct joint promotion campaigns with Airlines, Tourism boards, Tour Operators and Travel Agencies.
- Market and promote the designed incentive programs and travel package offers to Travel Agencies, Tour Operators, PCO's and other members of the tourism industry.
- Design and manage the events calendar for the destination ensuring it is updated in a timely and efficient manner.
- Liaise with major event organizers and coordinate with internal and external stakeholders to bring events to the region.
- Plan, organize and execute events for the different assets overseeing and managing the involvement of various stakeholders and contributors.
The successful candidate will possess the following qualities;
- Degree or equivalent;
- Track record of working across multiple geographies, or other international experience;
- Proven and demonstrable experience of defining and executing promotion and branding campaigns in tourism industry,
- Proven ability to work well under pressure;
- Excellent managerial skills
What's on Offer
There is a highly competitive package on offer including benefits.
The SR Group (Dubai) Limited is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.