almost 2 years ago
Carter Murray have partnered with one of the leading, global, ratings agencies who are seeking to appoint a Director, Financial Institutions into their growing Relationship Management team in London.
The candidate will be responsible for responsible for originating new business as well as maintaining and strengthening relationships with existing clients, bankers and other market participants. The role will also provide tactical and strategic business support to the wider EMEA Financial Institutions group. This is a client facing, relationship management and sales role.
As an integral member of the Relationship Management group, this role offers the opportunity to work within a fast-paced and dynamic team in a demanding, ever-changing and growing business environment. This is a relationship management, business development and account management role, working with DCM Bankers and Financial Institution issuers (primarily focused on our Bank portfolio).
This highly self-motivated and focussed individual will have direct responsibility for both developing our banker engagement strategy as well as for originating new business opportunities by developing and executing the marketing strategy to a portfolio of Banks (including subsidiaries) in the UK, Netherlands & Ireland.
Principal responsibilities will include:
- The origination of new rating mandates, directly from new or existing issuers and from FI ratings advisors and other DCM bankers.
- Relationship Management of a portfolio of existing issuer relationships.
- Preparation of pitches and other marketing materials to be used in new business generation and revenue retention initiatives.
- Supporting line manager on bespoke tactical and strategic projects.
- Management and execution of special projects in areas such as new product development, competitor analysis and bespoke marketing initiatives.
Qualifications and experience:
- This role requires an experienced individual with highly developed and proven successful new business, relationship management and account management skills
- Excellent English language skills are essential (Dutch would be advantageous); strong marketing, interpersonal and negotiation skills
- Strong understanding and experience of the debt capital markets would be advantageous. (Previous experience of working in a business development role at a financial institution would be preferable).
- An existing network of relationships with Corporate Treasurers, Rating Advisors and DCM bankers in London/ Netherlands would also be advantageous
- Able to work independently within a strategic framework whilst maintaining high work standards and excellent attention to detail
- Team oriented, with ability to effectively build relationships both externally and internally
- Knowledge of PowerPoint, Excel, Word and experience of financial data systems such as Bloomberg and Reuters preferable.
The role will be based in fantastic London offices, a brilliant working culture with excellent career opportunities and remuneration packages are on offer.
The SR Group (UK) Limited is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.