9 months ago
- As a member of the media and communications team you will work with internal business stakeholders, marketing, events and social media colleagues
- Be the "go-to" expert on navigating the China media market, including providing insider knowledge about approaches, strategies, tactics and risk management.
- Be the subject matter expert on financial services and fintech in order to help shape its communications and content strategy for this industry sector.
- Protect, elevate the reputation of the organisation, and align with business goals of growing revenue and expanding the business.
- Contribute to the creation of the evolving brand story and narrative.
- Help to formulate and drive the APAC PR and media strategy, particularly in the China market, as well as collaborate on media outreach, pitching, Q&A material, company messaging, internal communications.
- Support the Marketing and Events teams with feedback on posts, announcements and event collateral.
- Work with other departments (e.g., Developer Relations, Product, etc.) on external communication initiatives.
- Provide broad editorial and communications support for brand and executive elevation opportunities, such as at company-hosted events, industry conferences, for award submissions, internal memos, website copy, presentations.
- Work with the team in order to create, coordinate and maintain an active editorial calendar of relevant content.
- In addition to standard PR related content, such as press releases, originate thought leadership and other content streams and campaigns to promote the unique attributes of its products and vision of bringing blockchain to the mainstream.
- Engage with "new media" including online/digital outlets, video outlets and non-traditional channels. Align PR/communications with social media activities, including interactions and connections with influencers.
- Maintain PR agency relationships across APAC and understand how to manage those relationships
Experience and qualifications
- 10+ years strong background in PR or financial, technology journalism.
- Background in financial services, tech and fintech would be an advantage.
- Fluent spoken English, writing, and grammar skills.
- Native level Mandarin-speaker with strong Simplified Chinese language capability
- Able to provide strategic, executable advice on media engagement in China
- Understands how business strategy and targets align with communications goals.
- Proactive self-starter, able to pitch ideas and see them through to completion.
- Detail-oriented with ability to work under pressure and tight schedules with great attitude.
- Ability to work both as a team member and independently.
- Able to work in a fluid, changing environments that may be ambiguous and evolving.
- Problem solver who seeks answers and presents options.
- Strong interest in, and curiosity for, blockchain, business building, fintech, financial, and social media markets.
- An understanding of how start-ups work and an agile mindset.
If you feel that your skill set is aligned please apply below;
The SR Group (Hong Kong) Limited is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.