Carter Murray Dubai has an opportunity for a Conservation Manager based in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia.
The job holder is responsible for supporting the culture and heritage team through the management of conservation activities in the field, conducting trials and developing techniques according to international principles, and collaborating with multiple stakeholders in order to transform our client as a best practice in the conservation field.
- Coordinate and supervise field projects for conservation
- Contribute to the planning and budgeting of the conservation projects
- Conduct site visits to assess/ monitor sites
- Conduct site visits and write reports on the ongoing conservation works
- Contribute to build technical capacity within the team
- Contribute to write conservation guidelines, usage of materials, repairs and maintenance strategies, and sustainable building methods on heritage buildings.
- Contribute to write policies and procedures for historic and archaeological sites
- Give talks and presentation on the conservation activities
- Manage and oversee work produced by external consultants.
- Manage, coordinate and contribute directly to the preparation of internal and external bids and offers of service
- Provide consultation to stakeholders and property owners on conservation guidelines, programs and any other relevant topic related to the field of conservation
- Continuously align within the Department and with other relevant stakeholders
- Manage regeneration projects of heritage assets
Key Requirements are:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Architecture
- Master’s Degree in Conservation of Cultural Heritage
- PHD is considered an asset
- A minimum of 10 years of experience in the Conservation of Built Heritage
- Experience working in the field of architectural conservation of cultural heritage sites, historic sites, archaeological sites. Experience in conservation of historic/archaeological earthen architecture is considered an asset.
- Excellent communication skills and able to deal effectively with the stakeholders and communities
- Proficiency in written and spoken English; knowledge of Arabic is considered an asset.
The SR Group (Dubai) Limited is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.