Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
almost 2 years ago
This is a C-Suite opportunity, for an experienced Destination Marketing executive to deliver the Destination Management Plan and the associated marketing activities plan on one of the most attractive worldwide tourism destinations.
Reporting to the CEO, the Chief Destination Officer is positively and proactively promoting, enhancing and boosting the profile of the region and the activities it undertakes, to both visitors and investors.
The key responsibilities of this role will be to:
- Develop a daily/weekly/annual destination marketing activity calendar.
- Plan, coordinate and implement special events and other meetings, conferences and special projects to attract people and businesses to the Region.
- Advocate for increased investment to enhance the visitor experience.
- Develop and oversee mechanisms to measure the success and continuously improve the quality of the Region's marketing, advertising, programs and strategies.
- Coordinate with the Communications Director on the production of publications and campaigns formulation to attract conventions, meetings, and events and other activities that promote awareness of the region worldwide.
- Develop and recommend marketing methods and continuous enhancements to better achieve the region's goals; including marketing services to citizens, community groups and other external organisations that maintain a visible and positive image for the region on both local and international levels.
- Coordinate and integrate all of the elements of the destination mix from attractions and events, facilities (hotels, restaurants, etc.), transportation, infrastructure and accessibility, hospitality resources, packages and offers segmentation, etc.
- Plan, organise and disseminate timely and accurate information and promote awareness of the region operations, services, programs, projects, events and issues to key audiences.
- Prepare written reports as required on content reach, data collection and analysis, media tracking, civic engagement measurement, and other research findings.
The successful candidate will possess the following qualities;
- Degree or equivalent;
- Experience of C-level executive destination marketing support within the tourism industry and at a international scale, is a most.
- Track record of working across multiple geographies, with a significant international experience;
- Proven ability to work well under pressure;
- Excellent managerial skills
- Outstanding people and relationship-building skills
- Excellent written skills;
- Ability to deal effectively and confidently with all levels within a matrix organisation;
What's on Offer
There is a highly competitive package on offer including benefits.
The SR Group (Dubai) Limited is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.