Our client is a global law firm with more than 1,900 lawyers in 28 offices throughout Europe, the Middle East, Asia and the United States.
For the office in Frankfurt I am currently recruiting a
Business Manager ( f/m/x)
This position is responsible for the administrative management of the Frankfurt office. The Business Manager is responsible for the implementation of and adherence to firmwide policies for the offices, ensuring an exemplary standard of support and service.
The Firm operates in a matrix reporting environment, as such this role requires someone with a strong management style who has proven office management experience and is capable of handling a wide range of duties, as well as interfacing with partners/employees across its European and Middle East Network.
Your main Tasks are:
- Managing the general day to day operations of the offices e.g. facilities, employees, secretaries, reception, mail services, records, etc
- Co-ordinate and monitor all firmwide polices for the offices in conjunction with the Operations Director EME and the Office Managing Partner
- Liaise with finance, HR and Business Development /Marketing
- Manage day-to-day human resources function for the office
- Supervisory responsibility for general office support staff, including all secretaries and receptionists as well as liaison with other departmental administrative managers onsite and in other offices
- Liaise with the key Managers from the London office and act as the contact point for various administrative areas including Human Resources, Systems & Technology, Accounting, Marketing and Library
- Monitor the facilities budget for the offices and participate in the annual budgeting process
- Develop and execute a business continuation plan as well as an appropriate health and safety program
- Supports the Operations Director EME and Office Managing Partner with ad hoc projects
- Responsible for all elements of support staff recruitment matters including liaising with agents, conducting interviews and issuing contracts
- Assist the both practice Departments (Litigation and Business & Finance) with administrative matters relating to fee earner recruitment
- Bachelor's Degree in a professional discipline such as Business Administration Accounting, Finance, or equivalent experience
- Fluent English essential (high proficiency of both verbal and written) with the ability to communicate effectively at all levels across the firm
- Experience in a comparable position in Professional Services like Law Firm is very important
- Must demonstrate strong leadership and management skills together with an ability to understand and influence key stakeholders
- Ability to resolve office issues quickly and effectively - should lead by example and be willing to embrace change
- Must be able to demonstrate ability to deliver excellence to clients (both external and internal). This is of paramount importance both individually and through management of the team, embracing a 'continuous improvement' philosophy
- A 'hands on' flexible approach to dealing with team or departmental workloads and resourcing issues
- Must possess strong organisational and decision making skills
- Excellent time keeping and time management skills are essential
- Experience of MS Office suite is essential
- Experience in managing financial budgets is advantageous
- Accountancy experience is advantageous
The SR Group (Germany) GmbH is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
The SR Group in Germany receives Great Place to Work® 2018 quality seal
The SR Group in Germany is one of the winners of Great Place to Work® competition "Best employers in NRW".