Our client is is a leading worldwide producer and distributor of premium branded automotive, commercial and industrial lubricants, and automotive chemicals.
We are looking for an experienced and hands-on "Business Development Manager - Germany (m/f)" who shares the vision of building the world's leading engine and automotive maintenance business.
This is a key sales position focused on driving business growth through new direct and indirect account acquisitions in Germany. The successful candidate is responsible to develop the clients footprint in the German market. He or she has a proven track record in developing direct and indirect lubricants accounts and brings along an extensive network in the assigned territory and segments. The candidate is expected to provide leadership, market insights and to develop innovative sales and business solutions that enables significant business growth. In this role it is expected to build a solid customer base (direct & Distributor) and prospect funnel and develop sales accelerating activities. This position provides opportunities for future, more senior positions within the Sales and Marketing group in the company.
- Grow the Lubricants business in Germany
- Attract, develop and manage new direct and indirect accounts (Distributors)
- Support cross-platform sales opportunities
- Develop and manage strategical relationships with key stakeholders in the German Lubricants Market
- Generate and translate in-depth market insights into strategy, tactics and added value propositions
- Provision of customer, competitor and market insights to the regional marketing, technology and sales teams to drive and support the development and execution of German specific differentiated value propositions
- Develop and implement market specific sales & marketing programs and share best practices across the organization
- Minimum of 7 years' experience in the lubricants or associated automotive/industrial/chemical business in Germany
- Degree level education in a relevant commercial discipline would be preferred
- Proven track record in business development and strategic account wins
- Strengths in new client acquisition
- Track record of providing innovative solutions to business challenges through "value" based differentiation
- A highly motivated, ambitious, self-starting and entrepreneurial individual that is driven by results
- A demonstrated ability to build customer intimacy, productive working relationships at all levels both externally as well as internally.
- Experienced sales professional with the ability to think creative and challenge status quo in a professional way
- Excellent business and contractual negotiation skills
- Able and willing to work from home and able to avoid distractions, as this role will be home based and remote from colleagues and the office
- Organized & Balanced, as well as independent and self-sufficient
- Ready and willing to travel internationally
- Native German and fluent in English both verbally as written, advanced English language skills are essential
The SR Group in Germany receives Great Place to Work® 2017 quality seal
The SR Group in Germany is one of the winners of Great Place to Work® competition "Best employers in NRW".