NEW Business Development Manager role with global law firm.
The primary role of the Business Development Manager will be to provide BD support, advice and insight to the London Corporate, Finance, and Dispute Resolution practice groups, helping the team to significantly grow their market reputation and revenues. This will be achieved by supporting partners in developing business with existing clients, and proactively targeting new business opportunities and converting leads into new clients. As well as UK-focused work, the BD Manager will work with other staff across the global offices, assisting to grow the brand recognition and market awareness as a part of the firm's growth strategy in existing, new and emerging markets.
- Manage a number of competitive pitches concurrently including drafting persuasive and accurate content with tailored messages, advising on best practice from previous/similar bids.
- Create customised credentials documents highlighting expertise across specific areas
- Consistently look for ways to improve BD practices and outcomes to ensure that the firm maximise value from everything they do
- Develop and help execute client relationship plans (with potential to account manage clients over time) and carry out client feedback post pitch/transaction/secondment.
- Assist partners in developing the strategy and BD plans for their practice area/sector and provide support for their implementation, including developing targeting initiatives and campaigns.
- Consider and create opportunities for cross-selling with current clients.
- Manage and deliver outstanding client events, suggesting opportunities to co-host events with relevant market bodies and other industry stakeholders, reviewing budget and carefully measuring the return on investment.
- Manage the Legal 500 and Chambers submission process for the corporate submissions in London and be responsible for producing high quality submissions. Some support of this process in other EUME offices will also be required.
- Manage, mentor and support the BD Assistant, responsible for their quality of service and output.
- Identify deal activity trends, review competitor activity and write and drive plans to target a specific market or client.
Successful candidates will have previous Marketing and Business Development experience working in legal services. You will ideally have knowledge of working in Corporate, Finance and Dispute Resolution or related practice areas, though this is not essential.
Whilst this role will be focused on the UK market, a global mindset will be required to drive alignment between global and local market brand and growth strategy.
SR Group is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.