Carter Murray have partnered with one of the leading, global, ratings agencies who are seeking to appoint a Business Development Director focussed on their Turkish book of existing and future business.
Based in fantastic offices in Canary Wharf, this role offers the opportunity to work within a fast-paced and dynamic team in a demanding, ever-changing and growing business environment. This is a business development and account relationship management role.
This highly motivated and ambitious individual will be responsible for developing and executing the marketing strategy for the business in Turkey. This will entail building and leveraging relationships with Issuers (existing and new business), Bankers (DCM and Rating Advisors) and with Private Equity/Sponsors as well as supporting business initiatives in Turkey, with the aim of growing the revenue streams and winning new rating mandates in this country.
An important aspect of the role will be to continue to raise the profile of the brand through consistent marketing to issuers, Bankers/Financial Advisors, Institutional Investors and other market participants.
The role involves frequent travel to Turkey and some European based travel.
This role requires a detailed understanding of the Turkish Financial Institutions space as well as of broader debt capital markets segments, including experience of the High Yield and Leveraged Finance market, for example gained from an origination or advisory role at a financial institution or credit rating agency.
An understanding of credit analysis would be an advantage.
The candidate must have excellent communication skills and be able to communicate at a senior level. Strong marketing and interpersonal skills are a pre-requisite with a successful track record of developing commercial relationship and opportunities.
Turkish language skills is a pre-requisite.
Qualifications and experience:
- This role requires an experienced individual with highly developed and proven successful business development, marketing and sales skills.
- Extensive experience in capital markets, including banking/corporate finance experience or a demonstrated track record of successful direct interaction in a business development role with Finance/Treasury staff.
- An established network of Turkish and international debt capital markets professionals, including bankers, is essential.
- An established network of Turkish financial institutions and corporates at Treasury and CFO level, Private Equity sponsors, and DCM bankers would be advantageous.
- The candidate must have excellent communication skills and be able to communicate confidently and persuasively at senior management level .
- Strong marketing, interpersonal and negotiation skills are a pre-requisite.
- Self-starter and strong motivation to initiate sales & marketing strategies and to execute plans.
- Fluent Turkish speaker. Excellent English language skills are also essential.
- Able to work independently within a strategic framework whilst maintaining high work standards and show excellent attention to detail.
- Team oriented, with an ability to effectively build relationships, both externally and internally.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office to a high standard and experience of financial data systems such as Bloomberg, Reuters and Dealogic preferable.
- University degree, preferably in a business related discipline.
The role will be based in fantastic London offices, a brilliant working culture with excellent career opportunities and remuneration packages are on offer.
SR Group is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.