Business Delivery Lead
Business Delivery Lead
Travel & Tourism
£50,000 – £65,000 per annum
Carter Murray have partnered with a leading Travel company on an exciting project to hire a Business Delivery Lead. Reporting to the Business Delivery Manager and working within the CEO’s office, you will be at the forefront of articulating the organisational strategy, aligning the organisation around objectives and delivering on plans.
The reason for the role is to stop the business forming a disconnect between strategy formulation and execution, working in a small team of 4, you will all work as one to prevent this disconnect. It mandates fast, with direct exchanges of ideas and ensures effective prioritisation and promotes speed. Day to day, you will be working with and formulating relationships with the companies most senior members of staff.
Why you might be interested.
- Be at the forefront of making this company the fastest growing brand in the market in their specific sector.
- Helping to shape a private equity business that is scaling out at speed – making great delivery a distinct and recognised competency in the organisation.
- Work with, problem solve and facilitate with every corner of the business.
- You will play a pivotal role in the company’s geographic expansion, M&A activity and/or the sale of the business.
What you will be doing
- Developing company annual and quarterly strategic objectives, roadmaps and scorecard alongside the executive team.
- Feeding into the agenda and running sessions for monthly strategy reviews.
- Identifying the strategic projects, using data to select and prioritise them.
- Align the organisation, ensuring the company wide plans are translated into teams, working alongside them to develop their objectives, roadmaps and scorecard.
- Hold teams to account, guiding and monitoring their execution ensuring alignment and focus to keep us on track.
- Be the guardian of objectives and key results (OKRs) (or the goal setting methodology you deem the best fit) – for both company and team.
- Build best practice throughout the organisation, naturally standardising delivery processes, measurement definitions and terminology to help us move faster.
- Run training and onboarding to supplement the above and embed your work successfully.
- Choose and manage our objective tracking and project management system.
- Mature our governance and reporting mechanisms to help scale.
- Deep dive on specific topics as required, clearly communicating findings and recommendations.
- Contribute to running and prep of senior management team offsites and workshops.
- Replay performance to the board and prove our success to external parties (external investors, investment banks etc.)
- Consulting background with at least 3 years of experience.
- Demonstration of facilitating senior executive teams in workshops – managing a dynamic and strong-minded team.
- Proof of managing projects or programmes – particularly where team members didn’t report into you.
- Project management experience in a fast-paced tech, data driven, agile environment.
- Evidence of implementing effective delivery management, governance and reporting within an organisation.
- Structured and logical.
- Makes data assisted decisions.
- Resourceful and robust – finding solutions where they are not obvious, can break down and solve problems creatively.
- Entrepreneurial – one of our core principles, acting on new ideas, gathering insights and backing the winners.
- Ambitious and keen to learn – from the CEO, Head of Strategy and others as well as your line manager, the Business Delivery Manager.
- Exposure to travel preferable but not required, passionate about developing a career in the industry.
If you feel this role is for you, then please apply today as applications are being accepted immediately.
The SR Group (UK) Limited is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.