NEW Bids Manager role with leading International law firm.
The Bids Manager role will have responsibility for firm-wide bids and proposal framework and serve as an expert in supporting strategically significant firm-wide pitches and panel reviews.
You will ensure the processes in place for the management and delivery of firm wide pitches meet with industry best practice and provide hands on support for significant RFPs and tender requests and will also take primary responsibility for:
- Managing significant multi-practice and cross-border pitches and panel proposals, liaising closely with partners and BD colleagues in other departments and countries
- Use a robust bid/no bid process
- Promoting best practice in relation to pitch qualification and registration; overseeing pitch reporting; in agreement with Lead Partners and Client Managers, proactively develop proposals to win new business from organisations in the Client Programme
- Maintaining and developing the resources and tools available for pitching across the firm
- Providing appropriate support and project management on pitches (including strategic planning, preparation of documents, rehearsals and presentations and post tender review); working with and coordinating input from the pricing team
- Coordinating with colleagues in the wider M&BD team; determining the ways in which M&BD can add value to the pitch process
- Looking for ways to lower the cost of delivery of pitches across the firm; liaising with the Client Listening & Alumni Senior Manager to gather post-pitch feedback
Successful candidates will have previous bid or pitching experience from within the professional services and understand the process that underpins a pitch life cycle and the client engagement process. You have have previous experience leading the project management of bids or pitches. Excellent project management skills is required as well as strong copywriting skills with an understanding of how to develop key selling points/value propositions for clients and to write about them compellingly.
SR Group is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.