Account Manager – Economics / Current Affairs
My client is one of the world’s leading economic and current affairs information platforms and a household name around the globe.
Their research and analysis division helps leaders prepare for opportunity, empowering them to act with confidence when making strategic decisions. They are the global standard in providing quality, actionable intelligence to the public and private sector, assessing issues that impact the marketplace for over two hundred countries.
They are currently recruiting for a Client Account Manager for their Sydney office. This is a client-facing role meeting clients and building out relationships in existing accounts to deliver better retention rates, higher client investment and improved levels of customer satisfaction and loyalty.
- Meet face to face with existing strategic accounts across the region, maintaining relationships and connecting our capabilities with client needs to ensure services are relevant
- Negotiate renewal terms, implement annual price increases and sell additional subscription services to the client.
- Achieve business growth through up-sell and cross-sell opportunities with existing clients
- Identify risk within assigned accounts and work with internal and external stakeholders to present solutions
- Own overall relationship with assigned clients, manage customer success activities such as coordinating on boarding and training of existing clients across specified product portfolios
- Provide accurate monthly, quarterly, yearly renewal forecasts/sales reports/pipeline to management
- Communicate and share best practices with colleagues on commercial/sales matters
- Keep up with global trends on country and industry level as well as keep informed of competitor capabilities
The ideal Candidate:
- Extensive experience selling information and intelligence solutions B2B
- Experience building relationships with senior people to upsell and cross selling into existing accounts.
- Consultative selling approach and understanding of business trends
- Track record of exceeding retention and sales quota
- The confidence to approach people at all levels of seniority and the ability to thrive upon expectation and exposure
- Proficiency in English. Business-level fluency in other languages would be an advantage
- Excellent interpersonal skills, relationship building skills and communication skills (written and verbal)
Carter Murray is part of The Specialist Recruitment Group PTY LTD, which is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.